Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Not JUST a New Years post... Also a NEW MEME!!

I've never started a meme before, but I think I'll try to make this a weekly feature. Thursday sound ok?

My inspiration for this project has been growing for a few months now. I HONESTLY can not put my finger on when it started but it went from social awareness to a social consciousness and is expanding into a social movement in my own house. My kids (liberal arts college students) stuck me with the 'hippy' tag. I didn't mind and now have opted to own it!

Every week on Mission Hippy I want to discuss one social issue or, better still, on social action we can take, intend to take or have taken that week to live up to our Hippie Mission to make the world a better place and make us better people for the gift that is this world. It can be anything from choosing to carry that soda can to the recycling bin instead of just toss it out the car window, to becoming self-sustaining vegan!

There are lots of sources for "Hipspiration" 
I saw this on Facebook on New Years Eve:

What an amazing list!! I'm racking my brain for a really awesome #7!! Please, someone post something super cool!

I discovered TED Talks this year. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, and Design and all the speakers have a max 18 minutes to talk but manage to make you want to change the world, or at least yourself in some of the most inspirational, touching, funny, poignant ways! Now many or most of you have probably already found these and are probably just as addicted as I am... but for those of you who haven't, or for those of yo who haven't seen some of the amazing Social Issues talks, here's the link: 


It literally makes me want to have a flop-on-the-floor-like-a-fish tantrum that this has been around since 19 frickin 84 and I JUST found it this year!!!! I'm so pissed at my past sometimes!!

But MOSTLY I want our inspiration to come from EACH OTHER!! Come on in ANYTIME and leave a message, but if I at least TRY to run this every Thursday, maybe we can sorta remember to be conscious of the idea all week... or a least I can :)

I hope you like the idea... I DO hope, like the TED slogan, that this spreads. I DO hope to see change in my life. I DON'T expect it to be immediate or ginormous! Just a little bit better each time.



I'll get a better linky tool eventually, but for now.. Please feel free to use this one or leave your idea, hopefully with a link to a post about it on your blog, in the comments... 

peace out! ...
no? too much. ok.. THANKS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment