Monday, May 31, 2010

Page Turners - I hope!

I was so happy to get to another reading challenge!

My spring reading challenge was wildly successful and out of the modest list of 4 I read for that event, only one was not to my liking, however I am not sorry I read it.

And I even have a new one to add to my 'favorites' list. Water for Elephants was phenomenal!

So now it's time for the Summer Reading Challenge


 Yipppppeeee! May be it goes back to my youthful summer-time library visits, but I love summer reading!

I'm having a hard time choosing my list!!

But here goes:

Will Grayson Will Garyson - John Green & David Levithan
This is a YA book. John is one of my favorite authors, YA or otherwise! My daughter loved this book. I'm anxious to get started.

I'm reading a book right now that I"ll put on my book list in the side bar but don't really want to count it for the challenge. First because I'm already reading it and second because I don't like it. And I can't believe I"m saying this because it's my favorite author -Stephen King. But not this book. Not this book at all and not because it's scary, but because it's a cop out. New setting, same psychological trauma as two other books combined with new protagonist.

Ok I digress.



The Sweetness at the bottom of the pie - Alan Bradley
This will be a new author to me. I understand it's a series. I hope I like it!




The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
Our Library Book Club read this and I didn't get to read it then so looking forward to it now.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

Tomorrow, When the War Began - John Marsden
Heard this is a series too. And Another YA

I hope to add a couple more. But this will do for a start!

YAY! READING!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Something about summer..and a reading list...really takes me back.... I am trying to add some variety now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your Summer reads! all of the ones you've listed are new to me
    Helen

    ReplyDelete