Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Life is her highway!

I put it off as long as I could. Oldest Angel turned 16 in February and since winter isn't a great time to get one, I put off letting her get her drivers license until this past Friday.

Then came the next hurdle...

Actually letting her leave without me.


And yes, she thinks I'm crazy for taking this picture

Can you see that look? That look says "really? really mom?" as I proudly watch her reach for her seatbelt.


And look over her shoulder to back out.

Then... she was gone...

And I worried...but low and behold!!!!

She made it back safe and sound!!! My car did too, but that's just a bonus! She's what I was concerned about! ;)

How many sleepless nights await? I'm sure it will be more than she will ever ever know and only years from now understand.

As the apron strings begin to unravel and the people I grew start to venture out, I can only pray I gave them what they need and I swear, if they are successful, effective people...mostly it is not because of me but despite me.

As a single mom I'm entitled to double worry and luckily double love!

I'm adding this to A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday Event. It was very very eventful in my book :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh that brought back some memories-- I received a lot of ribbing being a single Mom and having a lump in my throat till my son came home with his license. I think we will always worry about them don't you....

    Happy outdoor Wednesday.
    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very touching post, yes we always be concerned about them.
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine that having a baby start driving can be a bitter-sweet time. Those apron strings will never be broken which is just lovely. A gorgeous post. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful moment.

    Holly x
    (3 Sisters, 365)

    ReplyDelete