Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fianlly a uniquely great book!

I don't have a whole lot of time to blog at this exact moment...


But I just finished my Spring Reading Thing with Water for Elephants and I have to say

I love this book.
It was unique - the setting, the characters, the history, even the romance
It was compelling - the writing was tight and flowed and flowered with out either getting in the way of the reading
And it was sad, and heartbreaking and depressing but I loved it!!

A must read? Maybe not for everyone its no beach reader. It makes you feel. It deals with the nature of people and their inherent reactions to joy, tragedy, and life. And people being people, they aren't always great.

Still you root for the good guys and boo the bad guys and the end rolls around and you are not sorry you did. nor do you care about the sleep you missed finishing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment