Monday, June 27, 2011

Finally, something normal to post about

Brittany has been home for 3 weeks now waiting for her counts to come up before round 3 of chemo. So this Saturday and Sunday I devoted to doing a little 'junking'. 

What I ended up with certainly wasn't junk though... it will be hard to EVER beat this weekend!

On Saturday I focused on yard sales and second hand stores - usually for books
(For more on my book obsession see my book blog Bunny Tales at:  www.theshabbyrabbit.blogspot.com )



The nice little green bankers lamp back there I got for $5.00. I had been looking for one of those. All in all the books laid out, one that I forgot to photograph, and the lamp totaled $8.00

Then Sunday there was an auction in town. And I hit the jackpot. I've been searching for a hutch. I knew exactly the hutch I wanted, which usually is a sure fire way to make sure it's the hutch I'll never find. But lo and behold. There it was. Then I was sure I would get outbid. However, apparently, no one else really wanted a hutch. I'll never tell what I paid. But it was criminal.


Once I got the room re-arranged for it I was so happy I literally almost cried!!! To me this is perfection. I try not to be a 'things' type of person, but the things in my dining room make me feel so happy!

Sorry about the low quality photos. It was after 9 when I took these and I did it with my cell phone. 

I hope your weekend was equally enjoyable!
L

1 comment:

  1. Love how the room looks. It looks bigger than before. The hutch is just perfect for that corner. Can't wait to see it in person. So glad that trade is woriking out. It won't let me leave a comment under the google account. So will have to do it this way. Love you Aunt Bonnie

    ReplyDelete