Sunday, January 16, 2011

When a good book has ya!

Ok, so I did a little bit more than this today, but not very much!! :) I even cut out on coffee hour after church to get home and get chores done so I could read.

This has been a fabulous book. There has been a lot of hype surrounding it and it ran all over the book blogs for quite some time. As usual, I found it after all the hullabaloo was past, but can certainly say that it earned and deserved all the attention.

If you have an interest in reading it better go get it quickly..they are making it into a movie with some great names and all the hype will start again I'm guessing.

First I spent some time with The Lord today and I've also spent time with my kiddos today, spent time pushing the cats off my lap so I could read, Tibby found a safe spot to still be around me, and spent a lot of time figuring out how our move is going to work. What a wonderful Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. That is a marvelous pic-a good book and a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that book. I read it last summer, and like you, quickly became immersed in the characters. It's hard even to say what keeps you so connected to the storyline, but it's a great read. Good time to remember what life was like for many people not too long ago.

    ReplyDelete