Thursday, July 1, 2010

Awesome Awesome!!

I just finished my first book for the Summer Reading Challenge I joined.



The book was Will Grayson Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.



I've read every John Green book and didn't really expect to like this book, or at least not much. I mean face it, John Green's writing is incredible so I would only assume David Levithan's would be good too. But the characters in Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska seemed to blend in my mind a bit, so I guessed this book would be more of the same.

But it really wasn't. It was in a way, in that "unrealized expectations idealist youth meets reality" sorta way. But the rest was pretty fresh and turned more to how fast teens move and how much they miss that's right there with them because they don't take 1 second to appreciate anything.

All in All... Abundance of Katherine's will be my favorite forever because it was my first, but Will Grayson Will Grayson will be a milisecond out of a tie for first. I loved this book.

As a disclaimer --  it is a young adult book...but make no mistake the emphasis is on the ADULT. Language and discussions are not really for the tweeners. High Schoolers will do just fine with it.

Thanks John and David for a great read and as always.... DFTBA!!


(oh yeah...that's Don't Forget To Be Awesome, John's Vlog brother's moto)

No comments:

Post a Comment