Sunday, June 13, 2010

On-a-whim project and hardwood floor reveal

Oldest Angel went with her school drama club to NYC. While she was gone I decided to find her floor. Not just the flatness at the bottom of her room under the mounds of teen clothes and tennis gear...but there was that too no doubt!... but the real floor. Because in her closet it's oak. And beautiful! So I hoped the rest of the room would be too!

Here is the before. Deep pile ... dare I say 'shag'... baby blue carpet. It was pretty soft though I"ll give it that.
So I pulled it up. With the help of the neighbor's utility knife I busted it right outta there! ;)

I pulled about a million staples from the pad and spent an entire evening with pry bar in hand taking up tack strip.

But here is what I found. These are untouched. All I did was sweep. I did scratch the varnish a little bit while moving the bed. But fixing it will have to wait. Luckily that's where an area rug will go.







Amazing! She was so happy when she got home and saw it. She loves wood floor and had been after me to do this for awhile.

I'm pleased with how it came out. I can't wait for her to pick out a rug. I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the upstairs a little at a time now!

Not bad for a whim project! :)

 I think I"ll like to Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch and take part in her Metamorphosis Monday. This will be my first one! :)

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I love hardwoods too. What a nice mom you are.
    Dropping by from Met Monday, 18ft island kitchen.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I had hardwoods under my carpet upstairs. These look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy the two of you are so lucky! What a pretty floor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly wonderful transformation. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a jewel you found underneath the carpet.. great job. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete