Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater

I've been watching 3 of these guys for a couple of weeks now. This pumpkin was whole and unblemished (and looked pretty nice as part of my display!) before these guys started in on it. As destructive as they are.....they sure are cute!! And my cats are very entertained watching them.

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
Had a wife and couldn't keep her
He put her in a pumpkin shell...


And there he kept her very well.


Who knew that nursery rhyme was about squirrels! I couldn't get outside to catch him/her 'at home', so I had to take this through the window. Which doesn't make for the clearest, sharpest photos. And then I had to hurry to keep my little kitties head out of the way!

I'm linking to Outdoor Wednesday and hope you get a chance to get over there and see all the wonder that is shared!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know they'd eat pumpkin! Have a wonderful Outdoor Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy...I think squirrels will eat anything! It sure was a cute picture of it sticking it's head out of that pumpkin.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! That was too cute! Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Pic! I have had my squirrels do the same thing before . Squirrels are nuts.8~)
    Thanks for stopping by.
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete