Saturday, October 17, 2009

Stew time. Beef definately not Rabbit

I've been making this stew for awhile now. I'm about due for a new recipe to try.


Boneless beef ribs were on sale so I cubed them to start.



Roll in some flour and brown up in a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil with a large onion, 3 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, 2 bay leaves, 3 tablespoons of Worchestershire sauce. Then add 3 cups of water or beef broth (I used beef broth this time) and simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until meat is tender.


Add carrots and Potatoes and continue simmering for about another 30 minutes (mine would have taken less time this time, but I only checked it at the 30 minute mark and my potatoes were falling apart done. Too done.) Thicken at the end of time with flour and cold water wisked together.

 


Snacking while waiting is allowed if your good friend comes over and provides Hidden Valley Ranch Mix Pretzels



Some whole wheat bread and I'm ready for some comfort.



Tastes better than it looks. But as I say, I'm ready for a new recipe. My mom has a family favorite for Burgandy Beef Stew. Always delicious. 

I'm also going to keep at this until my photography skills increase! Hard to believe I won a photography award once upon a time. (back in the days of 35mm slr and film).


I'm linking to the Party at Southern Hospitality for my first time. As always, I'm sure I'll come away with more than I took :)


1 comment: