Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some more weekend finds and projects to ready


Went over and got reconnected with my next door neighbor. She's an older lady and years ago I had helped her with some computer tutoring. She never put it together that I was the one who had moved in next door 5 years ago. So now she's all happy about neighboring again and said for me to come over just ANY time :) I picked up this cute little juice size pitcher. Eyed some other things that I later went back to get. and hopefully will post about later. This guy has some fleabites on the ice lip. still very cute funky little piece. for $2.00




Funny kitchy little tree frog hooks. too cute! for a buck I couldn't resist.


Project number 1. Maybe Ivory paint for this guy? Got him for a Dollar. Bathroom perhaps?


Project #2...my first chalkboard project.



This is my favorite piece. I got the tile for $1.00 and the easle (silver with a bamboo look if it doesnt show up that well) for a dime. I love the colors of teal and chocolate in the tile. It makes me happy.




Here's what I went back to neighbor Helen's for. The cornucopia, well everyone should have one for fall, there were about 3 others over there and I should have grabbed them all (since I think the leftovers may have gone to the dump...sad day) and the flowers and leaves in it and the flowers in my urn in the backgroud, plus flowers for my door basket. I was very happy to so simply add a season to my home.



Of course I did have an approval committee inspecting the purchases.


He seems rather disinterested.

Laura


4 comments:

  1. What beautiful cats. I like the wicker cornucopia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand over the tile before someone gets hurt! LOL! Those colors are my new love and I will be redoing the kitchen in them. I have my own 2 critics, I mean cats, also.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great treasures! Thanks for linking to Thirfty Thursday this week! I always enjoy making the rounds to see the treasures that you find! I appreciate your visits to Bloggeritaville, friend! Thanks for your participation!

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the piece with all of the drawers. That will be very cute when you get it painted! Great finds all!

    ReplyDelete