Monday, April 6, 2009

Chicken and Noodles

Chicken and Noodles and Doodle land
All is well in doodle land after all. Thanks for the panic attack, neurosis. I have my speaker, I'm redeemed after all. I hosted a fun friends get together this weekend and I remembered to come to work...but barely. All I really want to do is gaze off into the distance and day dream. and hope.

Independence needs some daily attention for awhile.

On my post-it-note here I had 6 stresses listed...I'm now down to 4 :)

Chicken and noodles
Noodles - 2 cups of flour, 4 eggs, 1tsp salt, roll out to about 1/8 inch thickness or a little more, let rest an hour, slice into 1" to 1 1/2" squares (use a pizza cutter to make this fast).

Chicken - whole chicken, cover with water, 1 bay leaf, Tony's cajun, garlic salt, celery stalks with leaves. boil till chicken starts to fall off bone, take out chicken to cool. strain stock and put it back in the pot. When cool enough, pick chicken and put it in the stock, add about 3 cups of water, 3 or 4 chicken boulion cubes, and the dried noodles...try to drop noodles right on rolling boil bubble...simmer til nice and thick and stoop-ie.

just so I don't forget...also to save time and mess...you can use the homestyle amish noodles...I bag works for one stock pot and 1 chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment